On this page you will find an overview of the latest articles, information added to this website. Here you can also find an overview of the topics and answers to FAQ that will be added in due time. Do you not see the topic you want more information on in this overview? Please contact us through email@example.com so we can put it on the list of things to do.
Check the current status of Kaltura Live Room at https://status.kaltura.com/
Using MSTeams for teaching
Remote Teaching Tools overview
Information on Data & Privacy
Wednesday 08-04-2020, 16:15
Update: Kaltura Live Room - set up
New article: Kaltura Live Room - Functionalities
New article: Getting started with remote teaching
Friday 27-03-2020, 14:20
- Link on Kaltura Live Room page to Library blog
- New questions and answers published on the FAQ page
- Be aware: new advice about MS Teams: Leiden University does not recommend MS Teams for online teaching, since it has multiple privacy issues when used in a larger setting. You could only use it for one-on-one conversations with individual students as well as for oral exams with an individual student.
MS Teams can be used for working online from home, having meetings, calls and collaborate remotely (for more information:https://www.staff.universiteitleiden.nl/vr/working-from-home/working-with-teams?_ga=2.218443993.1710116378.1584894277-1971604614.1580041095&cf=service-units&cd=student-and-educational-affairs).
Based on this advice, some pages on this site will be rewritten. For suggestions or editing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday 25-03-2020, 20:00
- New questions and answers published on the FAQ page.
- Work is underway to develop guidelines for MS Education Teams.
- Repetition: the recommended way to launch a Live Room is via the video portal. https://video.leidenuniv.nl
Tuesday 24-03-2020, 18:46
- FAQs are being gathered for publication
- Updates to several pages and link fixes implemented today
- Topdesk support system is up and running
Friday 20-03-2020, 13:20
- Advice about remote exams have been added to this site.
- A new guide for Kaltura Capture has been added (see Kaltura Capture article in the navigation menu)
Friday 20-03-2020, 13:00
There are currently problems with both the search function and the streaming of YouTube videos in Kaltura Live Room. These problems are known by Functional Application Management Department and Kalture. A solution is being worked on.
Friday, 20-03-2020, 12:00
In response to the update given on 19 March 2020, this website will be supplemented with more information on online teaching and testing. Updates will come soon.
Tuesday, 17-03-2020, 12:30
Tuesday, 17-03-2020, 11:00
Resolved. Kaltura Live Room is available again.
Tuesday, 17-03-2020, 09:30
At the moment Kaltura Live Room is experiencing problems, which means you cannot start a new Live Room. The supplier is working to get this fixed as soon as possible.